Students with non-EU citizenship resident abroad

Non-EU students resident abroad who wish to attend one or more learning activities running under degree programmes at the University of Basilicata for an academic year, or an internship, may enrol in single course units by presenting an application for pre-enrolment to the Italian Diplomatic Representation in the country they live in.

For further and specific information, deadlines as well as for detailed procedure, please read carefully the instruction (also in English) available on the Studenti stranieri website. The university will be informed by the Italian Diplomatic Representation directly.

Ministry of Foreign affairs and International Cooperation webpage 

If you need visa, please consult Visa for Italy website


Documents to be presented to the Student Services:

  • your translated and legalised qualification and the Declaration of Value. Alternatively you can present your record book from the foreign university, translated and legalised. To enrol in course units running under second cycle degree programmes, you must be enrolled in a second cycle degree programme;
  • stamp duty of Euro16,00 paid virtually;
  • the receipt of payment of the enrolment fee (Euro 25,00 /CFU/ECTS);
  • 2 passport photos, one legalized through the relevant form;
  • personal data handling form;
  • a copy of your passport and visa;
  • a copy of your residence permit or the receipt proving that you have applied for your residence permit. The original copy of the residence permit must in any case be shown to the Student Affairs Office;
  • the registration form duly completed.

Having enrolled you can attend the course lessons and then sit the exam during the sessions established by the professor running the course unit and published in the academic calendar. When you pass the exam you will obtain the CFU (university learning credits) and the relative certification. Find out about the exam sessions from Department/School web site.