Tuition fees and exemptions
Each year, students have to pay 3 instalments of the tuition fees.
The first one is equal for all students and must be paid during the enrolment procedure, as follows:
- enrolment fees of € 195,46;
- Regional tax for financial aid of € 140,00;
- revenue stamp of € 16,00;
- receipt of payment of € 120,00, as a contribution for the recognition of exams taken and passed at other universities (different from the University of Basilicata) where you graduated in.
The second and third instalments are graduated according to the financial situation of student's household.
You can request the adjustment of taxes and fees only using the on-line procedure available on http://webstud.unibas.it/pls/ssweb/gissweb.home (the password and login are provided you at the arrival)
The request of adjustment, that you must submit to the Student Affairs Office after printing, must include:
- the ISEE certificate (Indicatore della Situazione Economica Equivalente/ Equivalent Financial Situation Index) issued by the Tax Assistance Centres (CAF). For EU students and non-EU students legally living in Italy, if the income-tax return filed in Italy does not include incomes earned abroad, real and personal estates and is impossible to provide the ISEE certificate, it is compulsory to produce the documents issued by the competent authorities abroad, translated in Italian and authenticated by the competent Embassy/Consulate. Without these documents student must pay the maximum amount;
- copy of your ID (identity card or passport);
- receipt for payment of the first instalment of the tuition fees.
Fees can be paid by bank transfer at branch of the Monte Paschi di Siena Bank (you can get it to the Student Affairs Offices or, you can download by http://webstud.unibas.it/pls/ssweb/gissweb.home having received your username and password by the office), or by MAV "Moduli Avviso Pagamento" (notice of payment forms. It will be sent to your residence address).
You can also pay by credit card linking to http://oldwww.unibas.it/CARD/pagaonline.asp (Visa or Mastecard circuits). Anyway, EU students (a citizen of a member country of the European Union (Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Great Britain, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Holland, Poland, Portugal, Czech Republic, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Hungary; a citizen of Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Switzerland and the Republic of San Marino who are, according to current regulations, considered EU-equated citizens) and non-EU students legally living in Italy must pay the first instalment only by bank transfer.
Students belonging to the following categories are fully exempted from the payment of taxes and tuition fees:
- holders of a Regional Education Agency/Azienda Regionale per il diritto allo studio universitario (ARDSU) scholarship;
- students with recognized disabilities (more than 66%) or with physical-intellectual disability, blind and deft people apart from the percentage of disability;
- holders of an Italian government scholarships within development cooperation programmes, cultural and scientific agreements and executive programmes.
For a closer examination of all surveys, please consult the "Taxes and Fees Regulation/Regolamento per la determinazione delle tasse e dei contributi".
The penalty surcharge of € 50,00 will be provided in case of late payment. For the deadlines please refer to the "Taxes and Fees Regulation/Regolamento per la determinazione delle tasse e dei contributi" .
You can deduct expenses incurred for enrolment in university courses when making your income tax declaration. Enrolment expenses (tuition fees) for 1st (corso di Laurea), 2nd (corsi di Laurea Magistrale e di Laurea magistrale a ciclo unico) and 3rd cycle (corso di dottorato e corso di specializzazione) degree programmes can all be deducted.
For detailed information about taxes and tuition fees, please contact the Student Affairs Office or consult the "Taxes and Fees Regulation/Regolamento per la determinazione delle tasse e dei contributi".